Only members of 100 Women Who Care are eligible to nominate a charity. Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the next annual meeting and be approved. These requirements help ensure that the charity has a solid foundation and is trending in the right direction fiscally, after all they could be the recipient of a $5000 grant made possible because of you and 99 other caring women.
Charities must be:
- Local and based in the Otsego County Area.
- Must have 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of two (2) years, be active and in good standing with the State of Michigan and Federal Government.
- Charities must have two (2) years of 990 tax returns on file and be willing to share that information with us if not readily available on their website or GuideStar. In the case of smaller non-profits (annual gross receipts up to $50,000) who file an e-Postcard (Form 990-N), those organizations must be willing to share two (2) years of year-end financial statements with us.
- Charities must be actively engaged in the community and executing their mission statement.
- Guide Star and Charity Navigator are helpful websites to verify information on charities.
- National or international charities, programs or organizations will not be considered at this time as the focus is on contributing to our local community. Organizations with a national link may be nominated provided the request is for a project to be delivered in the Otsego County area. The funds must stay in our community.