The Otsego County Community Foundation invites anyone who loves our community to nominate an organization to be considered for a grant from the Community Fund. The Community Fund is made possible by local philanthropists who wanted to give back to the place they love. The purpose of the Community Fund is to meet the ever-changing needs of the community for years to come.
Two times each year a $500 grant will be awarded to the winning organization. Winners will be determined based on votes received on our Facebook page.
Here is how it works:
- Like our Facebook page – click here
- Nominate an organization on Tuesday June 13th by commenting on the post (the first 8 organizations to be nominated will be accepted)
- Then visit our Facebook page again on Tuesday June 20th-June 26th to vote for the organization you love (voting ends June 26th at 5 p.m.) by “liking” their photo.
- Please remember that “Likes” on shared posts do not get calculated. If you do share the post please tell voters to go the the Otsego County Community Foundation page to vote.
- The organization with the most votes wins the grant. The winner will be announced June 27th
- the nominated organizations must be a 501c3 in Otsego County
- an organization may not be awarded the grant more than once per year
- it is the organization’s responsibility to supply any and all documentation requested by the foundation
- only the first 8 nominees each cycle will be accepted