There are many scholarships available through the Community Foundation, thanks to generous donors who care about the future of your county and its young people.
Recipients Notified of Award
Scholarship Acceptance Due
Scholarship Checks Mailed
1st Semester Impact Reports Due
Butcher Academic Scholarship ($1000)
Awarded in memory of Jesse G. and Violette S. Butcher to a student showing outstanding academic achievement and planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree. One year only. Open to GHS graduating students
AGRICULTURE OR RELATED FIELD
Edward and Frances Burzynski Scholarship ($500)
Awarded to a student planning on continuing their education at an accredited institution to study agriculture, veterinary science, forestry or a related field. Open to any Otsego County graduating senior. This scholarship can be renewed for additional years by maintaining a 2.0 GPA and continuing to be enrolled in a field of study above.
Kathryn M. Tripp Scholarship ($1000)
Awarded in memory of Kathryn M. Tripp, who taught 6th grade in the Gaylord Community School system for 30 years, to a graduating senior planning to earn a degree in Education and enter the teaching profession. Preference will be given to applicants who have displayed leadership, extra-curricular involvement and a commitment to academics. Additional consideration will be given to those who have overcome hardship or adversity and/or demonstrate financial need. Open to Gaylord High School graduating students.
Donald H. & Helen S. Crandall Scholarship ($500)
Awarded to graduating high school senior in Otsego County, who has overcome adversity. Preference given to students pursuing careers in education.
Captain Nicholson Scholarship ($1000)
Awarded to a student from a small community with big dreams. Open to all at Johannesburg-Lewiston schools.
Freel Family Scholarship ($1500)
Awarded to an outstanding student planning to pursue higher education at an accredited institution. This scholarship is needs-based and renewable with reapplication. Open to Gaylord High School graduating students.
Louis and Rose Marie Tebbe Scholarship ($1000)
Awarded to a hard working student. Preference given to students of military families or those pursuing a medical career. Open to all Otsego County students.
Harold and Norma Elgas Reach Scholarship ($500)
Awarded to a student who demonstrates financial need. Open to all Otsego County Students.
Treetops Scholarship Fund ($1,000)
Awarded up to four years to current Treetops Resort employees, dependents of current employees, or immediate family of current employees who have been employed for at least one year and have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Preference is given to those employees with multiple years of employment and students earning a degree in hospitality, food & beverage, PGA golf management, turf management, or hotel management.
MEDICAL OR NURSING
Athel Eugene & Helen Williams Scholarship ($1000)
Awarded to a graduating senior pursuing a 4-year nursing or medical degree. Open to any Otsego County graduating student.
Irene Angus Science Scholarship Fund ($1000)
Awarded to an outstanding Otsego County sophomore or junior college student pursuing a BS degree in the science field of study at an accredited institution.
VOCATIONAL OR SKILLED TRADES
Don Skop Memorial Scholarship ($500)
Awarded to Otsego County high school graduates who have a 2.0 GPA or better and will be attending an accredited institution to continue education in a vocational field or skilled trade. Open to any Otsego County graduating students.
Start an Application
Contact us with questions
- Enter your information to pre-qualify for a scholarship through the Otsego Community Foundation.
- Once you complete the pre-qualifying questions, you will select which scholarships you want to apply for by clicking the box next to each scholarship name and continue to the application.
- Complete the application
- In addition to filling out the application, you must upload your transcripts. You will also be able to upload optional letters of recommendation, a biography, and a personal video. Your biography and video are your chance to tell us your story, interests, and goals, be creative! Video submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application will not be considered complete until your transcript is uploaded.
- If you are already a registered Scholarship Applicant with the Otsego Community Foundation, please log in for more detailed data, including your application history, applications in progress, and status.
- If you are an Early College Program Participant, you must apply in your fifth year, the last year of your Early College Program.