Do you have a heart for giving and want to give back on a bigger scale than you could on your own? During this time of uncertainty this is great way to give back to the community that you love.
- Are you willing to commit $100?
- Do you want to learn about, or let other women know about, the work being done by your local nonprofits in Otsego County?
- Do you want to be part of a caring and amazing group of women that are making a positive impact in our community today, tomorrow and forever?
- Do you want 100% of your donation to go directly to local charities?
Here’s How the Virtual 100 Women Who Care Works
- One (1) time per year our members commit $100.
- Each member has the opportunity to nominate a local organization. Their eligibility requirements (see below) and nominations must be approved at least two (2) weeks prior to the meeting (by May 1st). To nominate a nonprofit organization please use the form below. Please note with this unique virtual event it would important to submit a short video (please no longer than 2 minutes) about the nonprofit that you are nominating.
- During the Virtual 100 Women Who Care event ALL nominations will be shared with the members and are eligible to be voted for.
- Otsego Community Foundation will send all registered members an email featuring the nominated nonprofit organizations on May 6th and a voting survey. All votes are due back on May 11th. The organization with the most votes will be the recipient of a $5000 grant. Any other grants will be distributed based on the number of attendees.
- Half the monies raised will support the winner (s) while the other half goes into the Community Fund to support the needs of tomorrow.
- The selected charity is then invited back to the next meeting to share with members the BIG impact their donations have made.
Only members of 100+Women Who Care are eligible to nominate a charity. Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the next annual meeting and be approved. These requirements help ensure that the charity has a solid foundation ,after all they could be the recipient of a $5000 grant made possible because of you and 100+ other caring women.
Charities must be:
- Local and /or serving Otsego County.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) organization, government or school .
- Charities must be willing to share 990 or 990N with OCF.
- The following organizations have received grants within the last three years and are ineligible to be nominated: Alpine Regional Tennis Association (ARTA), Community Mediation ,Toys for Tots, Habitat for Humanity, Otsego County Economic Alliance, Otsego Wildlife Legacy Society , Otsego County Library, Wellspring Lutheran Services, and 22 2 None.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Become A Member?
If you would like to become a member, please complete the registration link.
What commitment am I making by becoming a member?
Membership includes making an annual tax deductible donation of $100 to Otsego Community Foundation . During the virtual event half the monies raised will support the needs of today while the other half goes into the Community Fund. Attendance at meetings is not mandatory but the donation is.
Our virtual meetings will go as follows:
6:00 pm – Meeting begins on Facebook Live
- Opening remarks from Dana Bensinger
- The charity with the most votes is announced
- You just did something amazing and impactful.
Is membership limited to 100 women?
Absolutely not! If we can make a BIG impact with 100+ women, why not grow and make an even BIGGER difference? The winning organization will not receive any more than $5000. Based on final numbers there may be additional grants awarded.
What do you do with my personal information?
The OCF collects your personal information (including name, email address, phone number, and mailing address) strictly for the purpose of keeping in contact with our members. Our database is used for administrative purposes only.
We will not sell, give, or otherwise share your personal information with any third party. Ever. We may occasionally recognize our members via social media and other media. If you want to remain anonymous you must let us know at the time of joining.
How do I nominate a charity?
Once you join the group you may nominate a charity by completing the Nomination Form and submitting it prior to the deadline. An organization may only be nominated by a member.
If a member has an affiliation with a charity, i.e. they are an officer, board member, employee or volunteer, they are allowed to nominate that charity and present on its behalf.
Do I have to nominate a charity?
No. Many women like to just show up and give. While all members have the opportunity to nominate a charity, it is not a requirement of membership.
Can a charity be nominated more than once?
Each member can only nominate one charity per meeting, however multiple members can nominate the same charity, increasing the charities chances.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. Tax receipts will be mailed to you with in one month of the event, which is why we collect your current address. If you have not received your tax receipt within a reasonable amount of time, please contact us.
How much of my donation goes to the administration costs of the program?
Absolutely zero! Our operating expenses are offset by generous sponsor donations.