Do you have a gift for writing and love our community? The Otsego Community Foundation (OCF) is seeking a Communications Coordinator to help create content and share stories. Qualified candidates must have superior writing and verbal, and written communication skills. Interview skills and being a curious and thoughtful listener is a plus.
This is a part-time contract position, primarily remote, with weekly meetings in the office and throughout the county.
- Executing storytelling opportunities focused on donors, grant partners, and our community that can be used in multiple ways.
- Coordinating content for print and electronic communications, including the newsletter, emails, annual reports, brochures, press releases, and videos.
- Supporting other communication opportunities, including preparation of presentation materials or electronic presentation creations.
- Working closely with staff and volunteers to ensure all external communications are of high quality and aligned with the work of the Community Foundation
- Proofreading and editing content before publishing.
- 3 interviews with nonprofits, donors, and community leaders
- 10-15 social media updates
- 3 – 4 articles per month for e-newsletter
- Weekly meetings with OCF staff
If interested, please submit your resume and any questions to Amanda Sosa, Director of Donor Services: Amanda@otsegofoundation.org or 989-731-0597, by November 28, 2022.
The OCF is a nonprofit organization created by and for the communities we serve. Through collaboration with donors, nonprofits, and the community, managing permanent charitable funds, and making purposeful grants, we magnify generosity and impact – helping meet critical needs and capitalizing on local opportunities that matter most. Our services cover the entire county and all fields of interest, including Arts and Culture, Conservation, Community and Economic Development, Health and Human Services, Education, and Youth initiatives. Ultimately, our efforts help fill forests with trees, minds with knowledge, youth with dreams, a workforce with skills, a society with art and culture, pantries with food and communities with connections, and hearts with that joyful feeling of making a difference.