Are you or someone you know between the ages of 10-19?
The Youth Advisory Committee invites you to the second 100 Youth Who Care Event at the Otsego County Library on
February 10th starting at 3:00 pm.
How do you become a member? It’s easy: just complete the Membership Commitment form.
What can you expect during the event? You will be greeted by a Youth Advisory Committee member and asked to check-in. There will be time for mingling with other fabulous, like-minded youth and eating snacks provided by Alpine Chocolat Haus. Generally, the afternoon will go as follows: 3:00 – Check-in, present your cash/check donation of $20.00, mingle, and eat snacks. 3:30 pm – Program begins:
- Opening remarks from the Youth Advisory Committee
- An explanation of the charity selection and voting process is given
- Three (3) charities will each have five (5) minutes to present their charity to the group. A brief Q&A will follow each presenter. The three charities chosen to tell their stories this year are Gaylord Area Council for the Arts, Otsego County Food Pantry, and RISE (Otsego Substance Free Youth).
- Members will submit their anonymous ballot and the votes will be tabulated
- Last year’s 100 Youth Who Care recipient, the Otsego County Library, will give a presentation
- The charity with the most votes is announced
- That afternoon, half the monies raised at the event will support the needs of today, while the other half goes into the Youth Fund
- You just did something amazing and impactful!
4:30 pm – Event is adjourned
Grab your friends and help make an impact in the community you love!
To learn about the Youth Advisory Committee of the Otsego Community Foundation click here.